Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
The task Reminder flag becomes cleared (not checked) when you synchronize a Pocket PC device with the desktop
On a Pocket PC device, if you change a task on the day that
the task is due and then you synchronize the device with the desktop, you may
experience the following symptoms:
- The task Reminder flag on the desktop is
- A reminder may not occur.
- The Pocket PC device retains the reminder
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Create a task for later today. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a title for the task, and then manually set the
Due date and the Start date for today.
- Click to select the Reminder check box.
- Click Save, and then click
- Synchronize the task to the handheld
- Edit the task on the device, and then
change some text (for example, add some characters to the Notes tab).
- Save and then synchronize with the desktop.
the task on the desktop. The Reminder check box is now unselected. On
the handheld device, the reminder field of the task is still set to
Article ID: 813839 - Last Review: November 29, 2007 - Revision: 2.5
- Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6
- Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 Software Standard Edition
- Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1
|kbdswce2003swept kbbug KB813839|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate