In Groove Virtual Office and in Groove Workspace, the same data is saved when you save a Groove account to a file and when you save a Groove account for use on multiple computers. In Microsoft Office Groove 2007, only the Save Account as File function is available.
The following functions all create a .grv file that contains the same account data:
- The Save Account as File function in the account preferences in Groove 2007.
- The Save Account as File, Allow account to be used on multiple computers, and Upload Account Now functions in the account preferences in Groove Virtual Office.
- The Backup Account and Multiple Computers functions on the My Account page in Groove Workspace.
- The Account Backup function on the Groove Management Server.
For example, if you perform a Save Account as File
operation and then immediately perform an Upload Account Now
operation in Groove Virtual Office, the files that are created are the same except for the sequence number. The file sequence number increases every time that an account is saved.
In Groove Workspace, the Multiple Computers
function assumes that the account file should be available to other computers. By default, the Multiple Computers
function puts the account file on groove.net. However, you also have the option to save the file to your computer so that you can transfer the file by using a disc or another file-sharing method.
Because this functionality is redundant with the local save that occurs when you use the Backup Account
function, the Backup Account
function was renamed the Save Account to File
function in Groove Virtual Office. Use the Save Account to File
function to save the account to a file whether you intend to use the file to move your account to another computer or to have as a backup. The Allow account to be used on multiple computers
function in Groove Virtual Office always puts the account file on groove.net.
Article ID: 907258 - Last Review: January 30, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Project Edition
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
|kbexpertiseinter kbinfo KB907258|