Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
The printed text is mangled when you print from the Groove tools
Consider the following scenario. You run Microsoft Office on a computer that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
When you try to print a document that was opened by using Groove Tools, the text is mangled. However, when you use Internet Explorer to open and to print the document, the text appears as expected when you print.
This problem occurs because the print options for the .html files
are incorrect. These options may have been changed by a Microsoft Office
installation or repair.
To set the print options so that you can print from Groove
tools, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
- Click HTML, and then click Advanced.
- Under Actions, select Print, and then click Edit.
- Click to clear the Use DDE check box.
- Under Application used to perform the action, replace the current command line with the following command line:
rundll32.exe C:\WINNT\System32\mshtml.dll,PrintHTML %1Note By default, this command line is correct for a Windows 2000 installation.
However, you must modify the command line if the Mshtml.dll file is in another location on the computer. Additionally, this issue may cause an inability to print from earlier versions of Internet
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cannot print file with .htm
extension from Windows Explorer by right-clicking
Article ID: 915665 - Last Review: February 24, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Trial Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Trial Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Preview Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Professional Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Project Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Standard Edition
|kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB915665|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate