Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
Installation fails, and you receive an error message when you try to install a 2007 Office suite or program, or an Office 2010 suite or program by double-clicking an .msi file: "Error 1713" or "MSI Error 41"
You try to install a 2007 Microsoft Office suite or standalone program or an Office 2010 suite or standalone program by double-clicking an .msi file. When you do this, you receive one of the following error messages:
MSI_package_name cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group.
System Error: See http://kbalertz.com/Feedback.aspx?kbNumber=926279.
MSI Error 41
Contact your administrator or product vendor for assistance.
Additionally, the installation fails.
This issue occurs by design in the 2007 Office and Office 2010 products. You cannot install a 2007 Office suite or an individual 2007 Office program, or an Office 2010 suite or individual program by running an .msi file that is provided in the Office suites.
To resolve this issue, you must run the Setup.exe file. To do this, locate the Setup.exe file in the root folder of the installation source, and then double-click the file.
For more information about this issue, see the Readme.htm file in the root folder of the installation source.
Additionally, see the Setup sequence of events in the 2007 Office system
topic in the 2007 Office Resource Kit. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Also, see the the Setup architecture overview for Office 2010
topic in the Office 2010 Resource Kit:
Article ID: 926279 - Last Review: September 12, 2011 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Access 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft Publisher 2010
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
- Microsoft Visio Standard 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft OneNote 2010
- Microsoft Infopath 2010
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010
- Microsoft Project Standard 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010
|kberrmsg kbsetup kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB926279|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate
Reported as Irrelevant
3/14/2007 3:17 PM