Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
Error message when you try to install an Office program: "Microsoft Office <Product_Name> 2007 encountered an error during setup. Error 1714"
When you try to install a 2007 Microsoft Office program or an Office 2010 program, you may receive an error message that resembles the following error message:Â
Microsoft Office Product_Name 2007 encountered an error during setup.
Error 1714. Setup cannot remove the older version of Microsoft Office Product_Name 2007. Contact Microsoft Product
Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS,
When you close the error message, you receive a Microsoft Office Product_Name
Â 2007 Setup Watson error message or a Microsoft OfficeÂ Product_Name
Â 2010 Setup WatsonÂ error message.Â
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- An earlier version of the Office program is installed on the computer.
- This earlier version cannot be uninstalled by the 2007 Office program installation program or by the Office 2010 program installation program.
To work around this issue, use the Add or Remove Programs
feature in Control Panel to uninstall the earlier version of Office. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click the Office program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Yes.
After the earlier version of the Office program is uninstalled, install the 2007 Office program or the Office 2010 program.Â
For more information about problems that may occur when you try to install a 2007 Office program, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
An earlier version of a Microsoft Office program may not be removed when you install a 2007 Office program
Article ID: 926315 - Last Review: September 12, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Internet Information Services Media Services 2.0
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
|kbtshoot kbsetup kberrmsg kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB926315|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate