Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
You receive a "Groove Error" error message, and you cannot open Control Panel after you install Groove Virtual Office 3.1 in Windows Vista
You install Groove Virtual Office 3.1 on a computer that is running Windows Vista. When you do this, the installation process is completed successfully. However, you experience the following symptoms:
- When you try to start Groove after you restart the computer, you receive an error message that resembles the following error message:
- You cannot open Control Panel. Additionally, the Control.exe process uses 100 percent of CPU resources.
This problem occurs because of a problem in the builds of Groove Virtual Office 3.1 that are earlier than build 2390. In the earlier builds, the following problems exist:
- Because of changes in the registry in Windows Vista, Groove Virtual Office 3.1 cannot retrieve some of the registry keys and some of the registry values that Groove Virtual Office 3.1 requires to start.
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 installs a shell extension that is incompatible with security changes that are included in the Windows Vista Control.exe program.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest build of Groove Virtual Office 3.1. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 933426 - Last Review: January 25, 2008 - Revision: 3.0
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Professional Edition, when used with:
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
|kberrmsg kbtshoot kbbug kbfix kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB933426|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate