Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
This article contents is Microsoft Copyrighted material.
©2005-©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms
of Use |
MS10-003: Description of the security update for Office XP: February 9, 2010
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS10-003. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
More information about this security update
Known issues with this security update
- After you apply this security update, you may have to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms when you start a Microsoft Office XP program. If you do not accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, the Office XP program may not start.
- After you apply this security update, you receive the following Windows Installer message when you start Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003:
Prerequisites to apply this security update
To apply this security update, you must have Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 installed on the computer.
For more information about how to obtain this service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest Office XP service pack
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces the following security update:
MS08-052 and MS08-055: Description of the security update for Office XP: September 9, 2008
To remove this security update, use the Add or Remove Programs
item or use the Programs and Features
item in Control Panel.
The English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 977896 - Last Review: May 8, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition for Students and Teachers
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002
|kbsurveynew kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB977896|
Community Feedback System
Very often, it takes hours to solve a problem. Very often, you've looked high
and low, and have tried a lot of solutions. When you finally found it, chances
are, it was because someone else helped you. Here's your chance to give back.
Use our community feedback tool to let others know what worked for you and what
Please also understand that the community feedback system is not warranted to be
correct, it's simply a system that we've built to let people try and help each
other. If something in a feedback response doesn't make sense to you, or you're
not comfortable making changes that the feedback talks about (like registry
edits), please consult a professional.
Thank you for using kbAlertz.com Feedback System.
-- Scott Cate